NYE Sticky Barbeque

NYE Sticky Barbecue
As with most of my dinners, I search through Pinterest or Allrecipes.com looking for something to make based on the one main ingredient that I have in the kitchen. Although I love these sites for new recipes, I find that most of the recipes call for more ingredients then I have or that are necessary.  So recently, I have been searching the top rated recipes for the base of what I’m looking to make, then creating a dish using additions and substitutes to that recipe.  Overall, this has resulted in some creative and delicious meals.   
The recipe I referenced to make NYE Sticky Barbecue was Barbecued Beef found on Allrecipes.com. Below is the basic recipe for what turned out to be delicious, sticky, pulled pork-like beef and chicken. The measurements are just estimates of how much I may have used, which covered about ¼ of the bottom of the pot, but not the meat. Really, I put it all in the crockpot, turned it on and hoped it tasted good when it was done. And it absolutely did.
I used:
Beef Chuck or Beef Chuck and Chicken
~ 2 Tbl of Apple Cider Vinegar
Barbecue Sauce (any variety)
Ketchup
~ ½ Cup Brown Sugar
~ 1 Tsp Applewood Rub
Put equal parts of ketchup and barbecue sauce in the bottom of the crock pot. Put vinegar, spices and brown sugar in the mixture and blend thoroughly. How much you put of each ingredient depends on your taste and how much meat you use. Put fresh or frozen meat in the crockpot. Stir and cover. Cook on high for about 8 hours or until meat can be pulled apart, stirring occasionally. At this point it is finished, but if the meat is pulled apart, then cooked for about 2 more hours, stirring occasionally, the sauce and sugar mixture will create a think, sticky texture. Enjoy!     

 More pictures coming soon.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment